Thursday, November 14, 2013

Money Songs

This is an guest post from the Personal Finance Blog Debt Discipline:

I have been inspired by some recent posts over at Budgets are Sexy outlining some lyrical lessons from two recent pop song hits. It got me thinking about other songs about money that might help motivate and inspire you. Here’s my list money, business, work songs come to mind:  

Money for Nothing – Dire Straits (1985)
Best lyrics:
Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it You play the guitar on the MTV That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and chicks for free
Takin’ Care Of Business – Bachman Turner Overdrive (1973)
Best lyrics:
You can get to work by nine And start your slaving job to get your pay If you ever get annoyed Look at me I'm self-employed I love to work at nothing all day
Gold Digger – Kanye West (2005)
 
Best lyrics:
(She gives me money) Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need) But she ain't messin' with no broke n…… (She gives me money)
Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money) – Pet Shop Boys (1985)
 Best lyrics:
I've got the brains, you've got the looks Let's make lots of money You've got the brawn, I've got the brains Let's make lots of money
Money – Pink Floyd (1973)
 If the cash register and coin sounds effects were not enough.

Best lyrics:
Money, get away Get a good job with more pay and your O.K. Money it's a gas Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash New car, caviar, four star daydream, Think I'll buy me a football team
She Works Hard for the Money – Donna Summer (1983)
Best lyrics:
She works hard for the money So hard for it honey She works hard for the money So you better treat her right
U2 – Silver & Gold (1989)

No real tie to money within the song lyrics, as the title would suggest.
Just one of my favorite bands of all time and I have some cool pictures to share. money songs money songs

What’s your favorite themed money, business, or work song?

No comments:

Post a Comment