Friday, November 4, 2011

We're Back!

It’s been over 10 month since my last post. I have good reason for the delay. It has been a very busy 10 months. Work has been extremely hectic. My department is growing and I have hired 7 full time staff members. This is a good thing, but it take time and effort to get the new people up to speed. In April I had a short trip to the emergency room and stay in the hospital to have a cyst removed. I woke up one morning and it ruptured and off to surgery I went.

In August Hurricane Irene battered the East Coast and the family and I go a wake up at 4 am in the morning when a tree fell on our house. No one was hurt, except the roof. We did have a small branch breech the ceiling in a bedroom. All has been since been repaired.





Although I haven’t kept the blog updated over the last 10 months, I have kept myself update on debt topics listening to pod casts by Dave Ramsey and Dan Miller. I have also read a number of books including:

Dale Carnegie's - How to Win Friends & Influence People
Dale Carnegie's - How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Dan Miller’s - 48 Days to the Work You Love

With all these things going on my family and I have stayed focused on paying down our debt. We have our $1000 emergency fund in place and in just over 15 months have paid close to $32,000 of our debt off.

We may have been quite over this time, but we have been focused!

3 comments: