Monday, January 24, 2011

Power of Information

For over 6 months now my family and I have been on the right track with my money. Cutting up the credit card in the summer of 2010 and we have not looked back. My wife and I communicate often about our finances, staying on target and making sure we both are on the same page. We have also started to educate our three children about money and debt. Now that we are on our way we have begun to share our enlightenment with family and friends. I'm surprised at how often people respond with their own tales of debt issues. We often share as much information as we can, supplying resources like web sites and books. Also suggesting that one look at their own bank or credit union for additional information. Most offer free debt/credit counseling. This Christmas I purchased a few copies of Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" and gave them as gifts.



The feedback from the people receiving these gifts has been amazing. I'm glad that I have been able to provide valuable information to help them. It brings a smile to my face when the tell me about the changes they are making in their own finances now they the have read the book. All I ask in return in that they pay it forward. When the finish the book they pass it on to someone else and ask that person to do they same.

Do you talk openly about your finances? What resources do you recommend for others looking for information?


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Hello Tech Bud!

    Just found your blog through the Yakezie forums! Love the layout, very clean and easy to read.

    I try to talk openly about money with my husband... but if he knows we have money saved, he will want to SPEND it! Drives me crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is extremely important for the couples to discuss about money issues regularly. This will help them to lead a peaceful financial and marital life. There are instances where debt problems have destroyed happy martial relationships. So, if you don’t want to have regular fights with your spouse on financial issues, then it is important to talk about money and debt once a while.

    You can definitely purchase the book written by Dave Ramsey. It is great book. I personally have purchased this book. It is well researched and quite informative. It has helped me to take care of my finances in a better way. The money management tips written in the book is simply great!!

    ReplyDelete