Thursday, September 23, 2010

What would you Vote out of your budget?

Survivor is one of our families favorite shows. All 5 of us watch it together each week. Our 3 children have their own survivor buffs, and 2 years ago for our twins 9th birthday we had a survivor theme birthday party. We played several games and challenges that the kids really enjoyed. No, no one was voted out of the party! Watching last nights episode got me thinking about the whole vote someone off or eliminating something. I then made the jump to our finances and wondered if there was something in our budget that I could vote off.


I'm hoping that we will be able to tighten up our spending once we finish up the 30 day challenge (see earlier post) 30-day-challenge but if I had a chance to vote off any once cost from my budget what would it be? I'm taking mortgage and debt repayment off the table since typically they are the 2 biggest payments to make this a bit more interesting. For me I think it would be my monthly food bill.  My 3 children are growing and boy do they know how to eat and drink! This would easily save us $800 more more a month. Okay I've come back to reality.

Humor me for a minute. If you could kick one expense out of you budget, what would it be and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment