Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Reading & the Proud Papa

I hit the local Library tonight with my daughter and youngest son, as my oldest son was at football practice. We wanted to pick up some books for the weekend to read. Now that the kids are back in school they should be reading each night.  We are lucky that all 3 enjoy reading and do quite often. Since my oldest son was at football I pick up a copy of "What Color Is Your Piggy Bank Entrepreneurial Ideas for Self-Starting Kids" by Adelia Cellini Linecker.

We have been talking to our children about budgets and debt, and with the recent success of their lemonade sale I thought this would be a good book for him. I'm about half way done with Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover" I hope to finish it up before Monday. My daughter and youngest son pick up a few books for themselves and we were on our way back to practice, where my oldest was named captain for this Sunday game. Nice job son! As we walked back to the car and talked about his nice performance at practice I told him about the book I pick out for him. At first he wasn't too excited, but on the car ride home he couldn't put it down.

Looks to be a great weekend. Enjoy yours!

What financial book are you reading or are your favorites?

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial FitnessWhat Color Is Your Piggy Bank? Entrepreneurial Ideas for Self-Starting Kids (Millennium Generation Series)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment