Monday, September 27, 2010

Book Review: The Total Money Makeover

I have to agree with the other PF blogs out there Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover" is a must read. The book is a quick read and offers seven baby steps to taking control of your finances. After reading it you might find yourself asking why didn't I think of these steps myself. The steps that Ramsey lays are not rocket science, but are presented in a way that you can relate to. They are also backed up with a number of real life examples throughout the book. I won't lay out the steps because I want you to read this book if you haven't already.



I have only been aware of Dave Ramsey for a short period of time now. I have been listening to his daily radio show for 2 weeks. His show is available on a number of stations and you can listen directly from his web site. He is dead on with his principle about budget and money. What I find interesting is the money making machine in my opinion that is Dave Ramsey.  Everyone has a right to make an income. As I listen to his radio show I notice most of the commercials are backed by him or sponsored by him. His web site has a number of opportunities to purchase his books, programs, in persons seminars, etc. I just find the whole experience tip toeing the fine line for me. He's offers sound finance advice, but seems to want you to spend money at every corner you turn.

What do you think of the Dave Ramsey experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment