Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Day Challenge

I have decided for the month of September that the family and I will track every expense, purchase, cash transaction, etc. I have my excel spreadsheet set up. I really want to get a sense for where our money is being spent. Don't get me wrong I have a monthly budget with a breakdown of all my current bills, and what each payment is.


It's the variables that I'm really looking to get a better handle on. Food, gas, cash, etc. I'm hopefully that this will give us some ideas on where we can trim so fat from the budget and use it for saving or possible more debt repayment. I think the biggest challenge is making sure everybody does their part and collects receipts when spending. My fingers are crossed and I hope we can do this for 30 days.

Do you know where your money goes each month? Have you ever tracked all spending for any length of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment