Friday, August 27, 2010

Purpose?

I have had this blog up and running for a little over 2 months now. I was thinking about the reasons why I decided to set it up in the first place. The first one that came to mind was that I was going to make a ton of extra cash as people surfed and clicked on the Google ads on my site. I now realize it's not about making money, it's about staying on the the path that my family and I decided to take right before I started the blog. To get our debt paid off, and get our finances under control. To educate our children so they don't make they same mistakes we made.


The blog posts for me are a nice why to vent, but as I look for topics to write about I'm educating myself as well. I'm reading so much more information about debt, budgets, and experiences from others on a daily basis now I can't wait to write my next blog post. 60 days ago I was surfing the Internet, checking e-mail, etc. Now my computer time has more of a purpose. There are so many web sites and blogs out there dedicate to the same topic, a number with great information, and some just a simple recap of ones owe story.

 I wonder what is the purpose of your blog? Web Site? What inspired you to start it?

No comments:

Post a Comment