Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grass not always greener?

I'm fortunate to have a nice job with a good company. I have been interviewing candidates recently to fill an open position within my department. They interviews have been going well, there are a lot of qualified candidates out there. 90% of those I interviewed have lost jobs over the last 2 years do to down sizing at their former companies.



It really made me wonder how these people are surviving without that income coming in. How would I survive if I lost my job. certainly makes building a emergency fund a priority. Having a saving enough to cover bills for a period of time if there is income lose, or if the car breaks down etc. Does anyone out there have any good survival tips when they've been out of work?

This is really going to make the decision an even tougher one.

No comments:

Post a Comment